Lolalyzer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you parse replay?

3 posters

Go down

How do you parse replay? Empty How do you parse replay?

Post by theRAMSnake Fri May 23, 2014 5:19 am

Hi guys,

I saw your great tool. I was think about to make something like that about yeat ago. But i failed at replay parse. So, how do you manage to parse a replay? From where did you know format of the file? Can you share it with me or this your commercial secret? I wanna create a jungler helper tool which will analyze ganking, but if i should write parsing part, it will cost me lot of time, which i dont have.

theRAMSnake

Back to top Go down

How do you parse replay? Empty Re: How do you parse replay?

Post by nyasara Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 am

It's not particularly our commercial secret...if anything the secrets are Riot's, since it's their game format. I'm not really in a spot where I'm looking to release source code yet, or any kind of description of the game format. However, if what you're looking to do is some analysis of data, keep an eye on the forums here. Right now I'm focused on our new backend with the auto-spectating, and part of that will include ways for community developers to work with the data we pull with their own scripts and analyses, or pulling already parsed data directly. I'm not 100% sure what form that will take, but it is one of my next big projects.

nyasara
Developer

https://lolalyzer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theRAMSnake Fri May 23, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply. Can you at least tell me how did you obtain the knowledge of format. Inside information or you just analyze binary data and found the format?

theRAMSnake

Back to top Go down

Post by nyasara Fri May 23, 2014 11:43 am

I just analyzed it until I figured it out. Long days just staring at hex and trying different ways of interpreting it until I figured out what it was. Even what I have now, some of the things may be incorrect guesses, and there are plenty of things that I don't know what they are.

nyasara
Developer

https://lolalyzer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theRAMSnake Fri May 23, 2014 11:49 am

You did a great job! That is what stoped me from making gank analyze tool. I love programming very much, but I thought it is impossible to recognize format just like you did. Anyway, good luck with you project.

theRAMSnake

Back to top Go down

Post by honux Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:55 am

Any chance now?
Or still the same? Razz

honux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down